Why is President Obama dragging us down to oblivion?
By: Dave Weinbaum
Posted: Saturday, June 6, 2009 11:51 pm
America: the land of the weak and the home of the meek
Mr. President, according to your recent speech, we still have a lot of apologizing to do to Arabs/Muslims. Many Americans, including myself, disagree with that assertion. I’d like to give you the courtesy of explaining and clarifying your words to the Muslim world today and in previous speeches on Arab/Muslim TV.
Someone asked my wife what her largest age spot was. She pointed at me.
I may be a young (60) cub reporter with a new talk radio show but even I know that a direct response from the president of the United States would be a big deal. I also know that a politician would much rather have questions in advance so can do research, like checking the teleprompter.
Please take a little time on one of those trips on AF1 to the Mid East, Europe, Asia or NYC for date night and get back to me. My listeners and readers wait.
1. Who would have thought that a mere eight years after 9/11 a president of the United States would apologize for ANYTHING connected to our controlled response to the murdered 3,000 innocent Americans, many of whom jumped to horrifying deaths, not to speak of their still suffering families? No one doubts that these Arab/Muslim terrorists would have killed millions if they could have. The reaction in Muslim cities all over the world was celebration and joy. I don’t understand why you, my president, are genuflecting to the Muslim world in representation of me and the other 300 million Americans. Care to comment?
2.Mr. Obama, why didn’t you mention the six times we defended Muslims from attack, sacrificing United States troops and treasure in the last 30 years?
3. Mr. President, besides your former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, and his friend Louis Farrakhan, were there other United States citizens flogging the USA over our response to Pearl Harbor, FDR’s interment of Japanese-American families in concentration camps, or the nuking of two Japanese cities to end the war?
4. Will you be apologizing to the Germans or French Nazi collaborators incarcerated or tortured during World War II at the D-Day commemoration in Normandy?
5. Having now legitimized Iran’s “peaceful” nuclear aspirations, against UN Security Council resolutions, aren’t you giving the go-ahead for the nuclear annihilation of Israel?
6. In your recent speech in Cairo, you made a comment that parallels the Holocaust to Jews defending their homeland from attack. Can you state your case as to the similarities? Do you think this rhetoric will encourage peace between Israel and the Palestinians?
7. Also in your recent speech, you claimed on foreign soil that we were guilty of imperialism and we wouldn’t “torture” anymore. You also pledged Gitmo’s closing. Yet you didn’t use the word “terrorist” once. Aren’t you justifying in reverse the attack on 9/11 and subsequent attacks on United States soil and our troops overseas?
8. Now that you’re president, you are putting your Muslim background up front. During the campaign you hid your Muslim connections. Muslim women with Islamic headdress were removed from camera shots and referrals to your middle name were bashed by your campaign as racist. You claimed your father was agnostic and/or atheist. Now you claim he was a Muslim and many of your relatives continue to be active Muslims. Today you told the world about your proud three-continent Muslim roots, while citing the Koran three times. You also claimed that the USA was a “major Muslim country.” Do you consider yourself a Muslim? Were you a Muslim before the election? Can you produce a legitimate birth certificate proving you were born in the USA?
9. Seven Arab countries declared war on Israel within 24 hours of its independence via the UN, in 1948. Since then, Israel has made enduring peace with Egypt and Jordan, and given up the Sinai. In 2000, the Israelis offered the Arabs in the area a two-state solution caving into 97% of their demands, including a good part of Jerusalem. Arafat’s response was to start the first Infatida, murdering thousands of innocent Jews and Arabs in busses, restaurants, and markets. Subsequently, Israel withdrew unilaterally from Gaza and Lebanon. Since then all the Israelis have in return is a steady barrage of rockets aimed at its civilians. Why do you think that merely stopping settlement growth in the West Bank will suddenly commit local Arabs to a lasting peace?
So little column space, so many questions. Can’t wait for your answers!
Thanks in advance for your time, Mr. President.
(Dave Weinbaum is a regular contributor of one-liners and commentaries to many regional and national publications and web sites, including the Reader's Digest, National Enquirer and Forbes and is a regular pundit for the www.jewishworldreview.com. Readers can reach Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org or his website, www.daveweinbaum.com. Listen to the Dave Weinbaum Radio Talk show on KTTR 99.7 FM and 1490 AM on Friday mornings starting at 9:05.)