Welcome Visitor
Mon, Jan 16, 2017
78 members currently online.

Drunk Fort Leonard Wood sergeant rolls pickup Friday on Highway O
Drunk Fort Leonard Wood sergeant rolls pickup Friday on Highway O

Tristen Larson's pickup wrecked in a Friday morning crash on Highway O just north of the Gasconade River.
DIXON, Mo. (UPDATED 2:15 p.m. June 12, 2009) — A Fort Leonard Wood serviceman faces multiple charges including drunk driving after rolling his pickup truck Friday morning on Highway O about a quarter-mile north of the Gasconade River.

Cpl. Christine Boogart of the Missouri State Highway Patrol said Tristen A. Larson, 22, of Waynesville, was southbound in a red Dodge Ram 1500 pickup shortly after 8 a.m. approaching Cave Road when he ran off the right side of the road into a deep ditch.

“He was travelling down the hill, said he swerved to miss a deer, went off the road and overturned,” Boogart said.

Larson was given field sobriety tests on a nearby road, but Boogart couldn't immediately confirm charges against Larson at the crash scene. Later Friday, state troopers released a report that Larson was arrested at 8:55 a.m. and faces three charges: driving while intoxicated as a prior offender (second offense), not having a valid driver's license and careless and imprudent driving involving an accident.

Larson is a sergeant assigned to 0232ENCO Horizontal CWD79AA, according to Fort Leonard Wood public affairs personnel.

Larson’s supervisor stopped at the crash scene and assisted with removal of personal items from the wrecked pickup truck, which had a smashed windshield, caved-in roof, and blown-out right front tire.

Larson also knocked down a state road sign warning of the sharp curve in Highway O.

Larson had minor facial injuries but declined treatment by Dixon Ambulance District personnel. Dixon firefighters blocked the road until 8:56 a.m., when Jack’s Towing removed the pickup truck.

In an unrelated incident, state troopers arrested Quantrell M. Stickland, 23, of Devil’s Elbow, at 9:10 p.m. Thursday on charges of driving while intoxicated, driving while his license was suspended, and speeding. Quantrell was transported to the Pulaski County Jail where he was subsequently released.

Click here to comment for local opinion

Printer-friendly format

Do you know someone else who would like to see this?
Your Email:
Their Email:
(Will be included with e-mail)
Secret Code

In the box below, enter the Secret Code exactly as it appears above *


recent articles

Hardman announces candidacy for re-election as Waynesville mayor (1501 Views)
Crocker, Waynesville top area APR school test reports (1351 Views)
Post officials prepare for Halloween (940 Views)
Dixon Municipal Court report for October 2015 (911 Views)
Keeping Ghouls and Goblins Safe (642 Views)
Hospital commander hopes to improve basic trainee experience with Army medicine (573 Views)
Senate approves critical cyber security bill (371 Views)
Five locals injured in Tuesday crashes (333 Views)
Blunt fights to protect Missouri families from energy price hikes (294 Views)
Prosecutors report for Oct. 26, 2015 (270 Views)