If the disaster du jour ain’t working, change the name
By: Dave Weinbaum
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 11:55 pm
As an old salesman, I find it educational yet disturbing that the Obama Administration uses terror of instant catastrophe, real or imagined, to usurp the Constitution. He scares Congress into passing pork legislation they hadn’t read under the guise of economic implosion. He calls for the closing of Gitmo without a plan, claiming without a smidgeon of proof, that the presence of jihadists there encourages terrorist recruitment. We are now aware that Obama’s naivete would mean vicious terrorists could with the whim of a judge or jury become neighbors to our spouses and children.
He takes ownership of banks and businesses with taxpayer money without their consultation and representation.
In short, Obama has made offers that the electorate is too afraid to refuse ... until yesterday.
When you reach for the stars you have to look up
There is a smattering of hope.
After a half-million ordinary citizens protested Obama’s policies and tactics at tea parties all over America, Californians opined at the polls. The citizens of the most liberal state in the union overwhelmingly rejected increased taxes and ineffective pork chop government.
A voter revolution is in the offing. Of course this has taken place when people have a chance to experience misrepresentation over a period of time.
Rahm Emanuel’s “never let a serious crisis go to waste” mantra can only be enacted as quick deception. Once people are exposed to the ruse, they’re alerted to the scam and are reluctant to trust the offender. It’s a short-term subterfuge.
There are two reasons for the above:
• Given time and experience, Obama’s arguments for his “sales” are easily refutable.
• “Fool the American people once, shame on you. Fool them twice, shame on them.”
Meanwhile, the theft of our way of life proceeds at a velocity never dreamed of by Osama bin Laden, Hugo Chavez, Che Guevara, Kruschev or Fidel.
What did the lion say to the cheetah? I’m starting a gnu diet.
Buoyed by his early success, Obama has changed strategies. For those issues that are bogged down with those pesky facts, the geniuses advising Barack have gone to a form of “Newspeak” introduced by George Orwell’s novel, 1984.
Let the propaganda begin:
• The War on Terror — “Overseas Contingency Operations.”
• Terrorist attack in the USA — “Man made disaster.”
• Global Warming — “Climate Change.”
• Infanticide (not giving medical help to a botched-aborted living baby) — upholding Roe v. Wade and accomplishing the wishes of the mother and doctor.
• Dick Cheney — “Darth Vader.”
• Former political opponent Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton — “Secretary of State” and “Special Envoy to Haiti,” respectively.
• Terrorists captured on the battlefield — “Abducted.”
• ACORN criminals — “Census Workers.”
• Anything that can’t be explained with an easy name change is referred to as “Inherited From the Bush Administration.”
• Nancy Pelosi — even Democrats can’t come up for an appealing label for her ... but given time ...
• No attacks on US soils since 9/11/2001 — Best ignored ... and maybe people will forget.
The impending retagging of “The Fairness Doctrine,” “Cap and Trade,” “Card Check,” and “Universal Health Care” cannot be far off.
However, unlike the Clinton’s “ease of lying ...” according to former supporter David Geffen, Obama’s veil is wearing thin. He may be a good prompter actor, but the reading seems to encourage him to tilt his head more and more toward the back so it appears that he’s lecturing while looking arrogantly down his nose at us and both sides of Congress.
Yesterday, Obama’s lie about wanting non-partisanship came true. The Democratic Senate voted with their Republican opponents 90 to 6 against President Obama’s funding to close Gitmo.
Finally, as we prepare to honor our fallen warriors and living veterans, we have to deal with Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano’s labeling our returning heroes as potential domestic terrorists.
The fraud of this president is now out front. Americans on both sides ain’t buying it anymore.
I close with my new label for the Obama Administration — “Malicious.”
(Dave Weinbaum is a regular contributor of one-liners and commentaries to many regional and national publications and web sites, including the Reader's Digest, National Enquirer and Forbes and is a regular pundit for the www.jewishworldreview.com. Readers can reach Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org or his website, www.daveweinbaum.com. Listen to the Dave Weinbaum Radio Talk show on KTTR 99.7 FM and 1490 AM on Friday mornings starting at 9:05.)