LAQUEY, Mo. (May 21, 2009) — A two-vehicle motorcycle crash near Laquey injured two Lebanon riders Wednesday afternoon, according to Missouri State Highway Patrol reports.
Neither rider was wearing his helmet, troopers reported.
The wreck happened at 3:25 p.m. on Highway AB just west of Highway 17 when Wesley D. Horsley, 39, was riding eastbound on a 2004 Yamaha Warrior and following Gregory W. McFadin, 43, on a 1980 Harley-Davidson. As both approached a stop sign, Horsley’s Yamaha struck the rear of McFadin’s Harley-Davidson and both riders were ejected from their motorcycles.
Horsley suffered serious injuries and was transported by Pulaski County Ambulance District personnel to St. John’s Hospital in Lebanon; McFadin suffered moderate injuries but refused medical treatment at the scene.
The Harley sustained extensive damage and the Yamaha had moderate damage. Both owners said they would remove their motorcycles at a later time.
Pulaski County hasn’t had a vehicle crash since May 10 that caused any injuries, but state troopers have had numerous arrests, mostly for issues related to drunk driving.
According to Missouri State Highway Patrol reports, those arrests included:
• Eric A. Nikitas, 22, of St. Robert, was arrested at 11:15 a.m. on Wednesday, May 13 by state troopers in Phelps County on charges of driving while intoxicated (first offense), no valid operator’s license and speeding. Nikitas was transported to the Phelps County Jail and subsequently released.
• James D. Routh, 28, of Crocker, was arrested at 7:50 p.m. on Thursday, May 14, by state troopers in Phelps County on a Phelps County misdemeanor warrant for driving while suspended and unlawful possession of metal knuckles. Routh was transported to the Phelps County Jail and held without bond.
• Jeffrey L. Farkasdi, 35, of Waynesville, was arrested at 2:19 a.m. on Sunday, May 17, by state troopers in Laclede County on charges of felony driving while intoxicated and speeding. Farkasdi was transported to the Laclede County Jail where he was placed on a 24-hour hold.
• Mark E. Sachs, 48, of Rolla, was arrested at 10:20 p.m. on Monday, May 18, by state troopers in Pulaski County on charges of driving while intoxicated and careless and imprudent driving. Sachs was transported to the Pulaski County Jail and subsequently released.
• Gregory C. Muldrow, 28, of St. Robert, was arrested at 9:45 p.m. on Tuesday, May 19, by state troopers in Pulaski County on charges of failure to drive on the right half of the roadway, driving while intoxicated, and not having a valid driver’s license. Muldrow was transported to the Pulaski County Jail and subsequently released.