|You couldn’t have made Obama’s first 80 days up
|Posted: Monday, April 13, 2009 2:06 pm
Remember when Joe Biden, our vice presidential gaffe-master, said before the election that if Barack Obama were elected president there would be a tragedy within the first six months of his inauguration?
I think Joe underestimated.
This president has had more disasters in his first 80 days than Joe’s hair-plugs.
Who woulda thunk?
• Two-thirds of the former U.S. auto giants would be taken over by government because they accepted bail-out billions.
• Barack Obama would fire the CEO of General Motors and not touch the head of the automaker’s union.
• Banks were forced to take bailout cash or suffer five-year audits. It’s called extortion. Where are the indictments?
• A man who can’t figure out how to pay his personal taxes, Timothy Geithner, the Secretary of the Treasury, would become CEO of all financial institutions whether tarped-up or not?
• Some banks were rebuffed when they tried to pay the bailout money back?
• Obama and the geniuses in the Dem-controlled Congress would pass unread legislation that contained enough pork to bury our grandchildren and their children and grandchildren in debt for the next century?
• Barack and Congress would demonize AIG execs that took perfectly legal recruitment bonuses that Obama and the Dem Congress inserted in bailout legislation.
• The ranting of the president and congress would generate multiple death threats to AIG employees, their spouses and children.
• The government would send busses full of ACORN thugs to demonstrate at the homes of the AIG bonus recipients?
• Hundreds of millions in bonuses went to congressional aides, Freddy Mac, and Fannie Mae employees and hardly ANYONE HAS UTTERED A PEEP?
• Illegal aliens are welcome to invade the USA and take American jobs as long as they know who they’re supposed to vote for.
• How shameful President Obama’s performance was during a long-winded, overseas-blame-Bush, apologize-for-America, bow-to-an-anti-Semitic-Saudi-king tour.
• The result of the above would be not one Euro for stimulus, not one more soldier to fight in Afghanistan and only one prisoner accepted by French President Sarkozy.
• Barack would be asking for supplemental war funds after he excoriated Bush for doing the same.
• Obama would be in the tank to North Korea, Syria and Iran while selling out Eastern European friends to the Russians and Israel to Hamas and Iran.
• Our rights to bear arms and speak free would be attacked via stealth strategies of excessive insurance to carry guns and censorship by FCC mandate.
• Barack would ignore nuclear power and a 110-year supply of oil in the continental US and its offshore regions to ruin the economy by embracing unproven wind and solar power.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort
There’s no denying we’re being dragged into an abyss by Obama, Pelosi, Franks, Reid and Dodd.
This being his first 80 days, one wonders if President Obama will tire and let up a bit on his attack against the USA and its democratic capitalistic system.
Personally, as one who actually listened to Obama’s words, I would say the time to start fighting back was yesterday.
We can all do our bit by participating in tea parties, writing letters to editors, attending political functions, contributing to your local conservative candidates and calling your favorite talk show host, of whom I am one. The more that hear you the easier the battle.
But do it now. We can’t let the Obama Administration think we’ll disappear into the night while he and his ACORN thugs turn our Constitution upside down and steal our rights to bear arms and free speech, while robbing our tax dollars.
Remember 1994! We turned a Clinton Lib fest into a windfall for the USA by taking Congress back for the first time in 40 years.
As they’ll soon say in Indiana, “Ladies and Gentlemen: START YOUR ENGINES!”
(Dave Weinbaum is a regular contributor of one-liners and commentaries to many regional and national publications and web sites, including the Reader's Digest, National Enquirer and Forbes and is a regular pundit for the www.jewishworldreview.com. Readers can reach Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org or his website, www.daveweinbaum.com. Listen to the Dave Weinbaum Radio Talk show on KTTR 99.7 FM and 1490 AM on Friday mornings starting at 9:05)
Click here to comment for local opinion