President Obama’s contradictory speech to Congress has introduced the country to a dance that’s been popular in Illinois politics for over 100 years: the South Side Samba. Obama sashayed into the realm of liberal doublespeak, hyperbole and hypocrisy to applause and standing ovations.
The fawning, hypnotized media pose a grave danger to this country in particular and Western civilization in general.
“Everyone in politics lies, but the (Clintons) do it with such ease, it’s troubling.” Hollywood Mogul, David Geffen
Move over Bill and Hillary. There’s a new sheriff in town, one Barack Hussein Obama, and he makes the Clintons look like Mother Teresa.
As I’m prone to do, I watched Barack’s speech. Then, without the fawning, fake admiration, I examined the speech.
Here are the highlights ... not only “just words” but just lies, just hypocrisy:
• “(My) agenda ... begins with jobs.” — The “stimulus” bill has created a huge demand for pork farmers.
• “A surplus became an excuse to transfer wealth to the wealthy instead of an opportunity to invest in our future.” — What’s a Dem speech without condemning the very people who PAY most of the taxes and PROVIDE almost all the jobs?
• “Regulations were gutted for the sake of a quick profit.” — When Republicans, including President Bush, tried to regulate the Dems who caused the sub-prime disaster you refer to, you voted to filibuster against them.
• “Because of this plan, 95 percent of the working households in America will receive a tax cut.” — Is it a tax cut if you’re not working?
• “... everyone is suffering in part from their (the banks) bad decisions.” — The banks were carrying out Democratic sub-prime housing policies at the threat of physical and/or business harm by ACORN thugs mentored by YOU!
• “History reminds us that at every moment of economic upheaval ... this country has responded with bold actions and ideas.” — True. Cutting taxes worked under John Kennedy, Ronald Reagan, and George Bush. What didn’t work were tax raises, government takeovers or market meddling of the private sector by Roosevelt, Carter, and Nixon.
• “But to ... transform our economy, protect our security and save our planet from the ravages of climate change, we need to ... make clean, renewable energy.” — Why aren’t you using our OWN oil resources as well as the new and yet unproven wind and solar power. Where is nuclear energy in your plan?
• “Our ... plan will invest in electronic health records ...” — Anyone else just a little queasy about this? Will Barney Frank direct my doctor’s treatment? Now I’m really nauseous.
• “I’m proud ... we passed the recovery plan free of earmarks ...” ROFLMAO!!! And that goes for the 9,000 earmarks in your budget bill, too, Mr. President!
And finally, the coup de gras:
• “To overcome extremism ... there is no force in the world more powerful than the example of America. That is why I have ordered the closing of ... Gitmo, and that’s why I can say ... that America does not torture!” I can see the latter as a blurb on Arab/Muslim TV and on billboards touting al-Qaeda recruitment. “Wow, Achmed, we can blow up America without worrying about water-boarding or being jailed in Cuba! Praise Allah! Praise Obama!”
Carrying the above to the logical conclusion, I envision a nuclear attack on mid-town Manhattan. The bombs are obtained by terrorists from Iran during our unending negotiations with Ah’mmad.
After the radiation goes down, President Obama, ensconced in a powder blue radiation suit borrowed from John Kerry, replicates Bush’s heroic speech on the hallowed grounds of the World Trade Center.
Loudspeaker in hand, arm around the shoulders of a New Jersey fireman. (All the firefighters in Manhattan have been killed by the bombs.) President Obama exclaims, “Yes, there may have been 100,000 Americans killed, and over 200,000 maimed, but the world loves America because I closed Gitmo and stopped water boarding!”
You can take it to the bank ... if you can still find one.