ROLLA, Mo. (Feb. 6, 2013) — Numerous local residents have graduated from the Missouri University of Science and Technology in Rolla and 49 were placed on the school’s honor list, according to information released Wednesday by the school.
Those on the list carried a minimum of 12 hours and had grade point averages of 3.2 or above out of a possible 4.0. The school currently has 7,500 students; 42 of those on the honors list are local students:
- Aerospace engineering: students John Caleb Shultz and Alaina Marie Dent, both juniors from Waynesville, and Kameron J. Davis of St. Robert, a senior.
- Biological sciences sophomore Kaleb C. Bassett of St. Robert.
- Business and management systems students James Richard Lawson III of Dixon and Keith Anthony Dupont of Waynesville, both juniors, and sophomore Delancey Deleon Rougely of Waynesville.
- Chemistry students Alyssa Anne Castro of Dixon, a freshman, and Marcus Robert Wiggins, a senior.
- Computer engineering senior Jason Ingraham of St. Robert.
- Civil engineering seniors Austin William Johnson of Dixon and Lauren Janae Briggs of St. Robert.
- Economics junior Kelsey Aaron Bardell of Waynesville.
- Electrical engineering senior Bradley Marshall Cook of Fort Leonard Wood.
- Engineering management senior Zachary Ryan Kahl of St. Robert.
- Environmental engineering students Grace Katherine Holsten of Dixon, a sophomore, and Lillian Elaine Mae Warren of Richland, a senior.
- Engineering students Teah Renae Heidorn of Fort Leonard Wood, Jacob Dakota Lawrence Dette of Richland, Brandon James Kirby of Richland, Jacob Marshal Hale of St. Robert, Jacob Allen Bautista of Waynesville, Melody Cheyenne Elder of Waynesville, Samuel Luke Cyr of Waynesville, Alexa Noelle Bonney of Waynesville, Ramsaran Grady of Waynesville, Vance Petitt of Waynesville, all freshmen; Carl Herrmann of St. Robert, a sophomore; and Melissa Marie Elder of Waynesville, a senior.
- Geological engineering senior Katherine Jean Stockdale of Dixon.
- Geology and geophysics freshman Tyler James Sundell of St. Robert.
- History students Kimberly N. Trout of Dixon, a junior, Zackery Joshua Thompson of Waynesville, a sophomore, and Ryan W. Yoakum of Dixon and Jeremiah Cole McFann of Richland, both seniors.
- Mechanical engineering seniors Nolan Marcus Poole of Crocker and Lee B. Niewinski of Laquey.
- Nuclear engineering junior Stony A. Reid of Richland.
- Physics students Brandon Dean Yokeley, a sophomore, and Nelson Eugene Shreve, a senior, both of Waynesville.
- Psychology students Amber Renee Julien, a sophomore, and Nina Spring Facio, a senior, both of Waynesville.
Bardell, Elder, Facio, Johnson, Julien, Kahl, Kirby, Lawson, McFann, Shreve, Stockdale, and Wiggins were previously named to the June 2012 spring honor list. Facio, Lawson, Kahl, McFann, Shreve and Stockdale were also on the January 2012 honor list for the fall 2011 semester.
In addition, Facio and Johnson were among more than 400 students graduating from the school in ceremonies held on December 14 and 15. The highest honor, summa cum laude, is awarded to students who have earned a cumulative grade point (GPA) of 3.8 or above on a 4.0 scale for all courses counting toward the degree. Magna cum laude is the designation for a GPA of 3.5 to 3.79, and cum laude indicates a GPA of 3.2 to 3.49.
A total of 49 December graduates are from the local area, as follows:
- Master of business administration degree in business administration: Michael Vinson Trickey of St. Robert.
- Bachelor of science degree in civil engineering: Lauren Janae Briggs of St. Robert, cum laude; and Austin William Johnson of Dixon, magna cum laude.
- Master of science degree in civil engineering: Daniel J. Robledo of St. Robert; and Timothy W. Shebesta of St. Robert.
- Master of science degree in engineering management: William Thomas Berry of Waynesville; J. Borden Branson of Fort Leonard Wood; Nicholas J. Cosmas of St. Robert; Benjamin Karl Diamond of Fort Leonard Wood; Fuad Olugbenga Feshitan of Waynesville; Lorintz Benjamin Gleich of Waynesville; Benjamin Warren Golemo of St. Robert; Guillermo Jose Guandique of St. Robert; Kathryn Evelyn Hermon of Waynesville; Alexander Gill Kline of St. Robert; Joseph Michael Lunn of St. Robert; Anthony Edward Major III of St. Robert; Matthew Michael McCarthy of Waynesville; Robert Cullen McPeak of St. Robert; Eugene Young Park of St. Robert; Matthew D. Pride of Fort Leonard Wood; Eric T. Venditti of St. Robert; Brian Nicholas Wilson of Waynesville; and Gregory Xavier Wynn of St. Robert.
- Master of science degree in environmental engineering: Jeffrey E. Woerth of St. Robert.
- Master of science degree in explosives engineering: Daniel J. Tabacchi of Fort Leonard Wood and Jerry Edward Vaill of Dixon.
- Master of science degree in geological engineering: Alberto Aldo Baez of Fort Leonard Wood; Jeremiah Wade Bradfield of Waynesville; Dexter Gene Buchanan of Crocker; Kelly Jo Buckner of Waynesville; Brian Allen Carroll of Waynesville; Matthew Slade Decker of Fort Leonard Wood; Lowell Eron Hilty of St. Robert; Spencer Douglas Hohn of Waynesville; Ryan Stephen Knott of Fort Leonard Wood; Kathryn Reynolds Neff of Waynesville; Christopher L. Newsum of Fort Leonard Wood; Jacob Todd Niewold of St. Robert; Nathaniel Nix of Waynesville; Kurt Erik Powell of Waynesville; Robert Lowell Smith of Richland; Michael J. Sperati of St. Robert; Jonathan Michael Watson of St. Robert; and Bradley Shane Willis of St. Robert.
- Ph.D. degree in geology and geophysics: Helen Carrie Bender of St. Robert.
- Bachelor of arts degree in history: Ryan W. Yoakum of Dixon.
- Bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering: Nolan Marcus Poole of Crocker.
- Bachelor of arts degree in psychology: Nina Spring Facio of Waynesville, summa cum laude.
Click here to follow the Pulaski County Daily News on Twitter
Click here to follow the Pulaski County Daily News on Facebook