|Waynesville graduating class to include 11 valedictorians, two salutatorians
|By: Press Office of the Waynesville R-VI School District
|Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 6:21 pm
The Waynesville R-VI School District is by far the largest school system in the Fort Leonard Wood area, and it also has the largest number of students taking top academic honors.
Valedictorians are (front) Kaleb Bassett, Julia Janda, Zach Kahl, Kristy Little, Erin Malone, Yannik Roell (middle row) Sarah Rutledge, Elizabeth Salley, Nelson Shreve, Timothy Williams and Jenna Wong. Salutatorians are Jonathan Anderson and Devin Wright.
According to information released by school officials following Waynesville’s Tuesday evening honors assembly, valedictorians this year are Kaleb Bassett, Julia Janda, Zach Kahl, Kristy Little, Erin Malone, Yannik Roell, Sarah Rutledge, Elizabeth Salley, Nelson Shreve, Timothy Williams and Jenna Wong.
Salutatorians are Jonathan Anderson and Devin Wright.
School officials have released the following family information about each valedictorian and salutatorian, along with their future college or career plans.
• Kaleb C. Bassett, the son of Tracy George and Kelly Bassett of St. Robert, plans to attend Missouri State University in Springfield to study pharmacy. His long term goals are to start his own pharmacy or work as the head of the Walgreen's chain, along with research and development of new drugs.
• Julia Maria Janda, the daughter of Wayne and Linda Janda of Waynesville, plans to attend the University of Missouri at Kansas City and the Conservatory of Music and Dance. Her professional plans call for music education and clarinet performance.
• Zachary R. Kahl, the son of Laura Kahl of St. Robert, plans to attend Missouri University of Science and Technology in Rolla to obtain a business degree with long range plans to become the CEO of a company.
• Kristy Alexandra Little’s parents are John and Karen Little of Waynesville. She plans to attend Missouri University of Science and Technology, majoring in metallurgical engineering.
• Erin E. Malone’s parents are Howard and Melanie Malone of Waynesville. She plans to attend Evangel University in Springfield, majoring in church music and minoring in music production and recording technology. She plans to pursue a career in music ministry.
• Yannik Roell’s parents are William and Zenia Roell of Waynesville. He plans to attend Truman State University, majoring in a science field, with a long-range goal to become a scientist in either chemistry or biology.
• Sarah N. Rutledge’s parents are Jesse and Rebekan Rutledge of Waynesville. She plans to attend Evangel University with a major in nursing. Her long term goal is to work in a city hospital or go into private practice in a labor and delivery clinic.
• Elizabeth K. Salley, the daughter of Mark and Rebecca Salley of St. Robert, plans to attend Truman State University. Her future plans are to major in art history with a minor in either French or international business.
• Nelson E. Shreve, the son of Ronald and Susette Shreve of Waynesville, plans to attend Missouri University of Science and Technology with dual majors in physics and mathematics, along with minors in philosophy and French. His long range plan is to work in theoretical physics.
• Timothy L. Williams’ parents are Kimberly Johnson-Williams and Tim Williams of Waynesville. He plans to attend the University of Missouri at Columbia to study computer engineering and political science. His long range goals are to become a computer systems software engineer or a senator.
• Jenna Sandra Wong, the daughter of John and Shelly Wong of Waynesville, plans to attend Truman State University in Kirksville to major in biology with a minor in equine sciences, with a long-term career goal in medicine.
• Jonathan Paul Anderson, the son of Mike and Michelle Jones of Devil’s Elbow and Stacy Anderson of Richland, plans to attend the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville and major in computer science.
• Devin Wright’s parents are Glen and Rhonda Wright of Fort Leonard Wood. She plans to attend Transylvania University in Lexington, Ky., majoring in political science and psychology. Her long range plans are to enter law school and become an attorney.
Valedictorian, salutatorian graduation speakers choose superhero theme
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 3:27 pm
Waynesville graduates 345; Courtney Long, Darrel Vaughan promoted
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 3:21 pm
THIS ARTICLE: Waynesville graduating class to include 11 valedictorians, two salutatorians
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 6:21 pm
Project Graduation marks 25th year; may move to new SR aquatic facility
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 5:27 pm
Going to graduation? Don't try on-street parking at Waynesville school
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 3:44 pm
Click here to follow the Pulaski County Daily News on Twitter
Click here to follow the Pulaski County Daily News on Facebook
Click here to comment for local opinion