|Pulaski County Health Department personnel visit Sen. Frank Barnitz
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (Feb. 13, 2009) — The Missouri State Capitol belongs to you: the citizens of the State of Missouri. It serves as the center of state government activities and is a magnificent memorial to our rich Midwestern heritage. I appreciate the opportunities I have to show off the Capitol to visiting constituents. Each year, I look forward to school groups, advocacy organizations, and other visitors coming to Jefferson City to see what we do and where we work.
State Senator Frank Barnitz
Every week, I am happy to welcome a variety of groups to Jefferson City, and I enjoy talking to them about the state Capitol, as well as the legislative issues that are important to them. I welcomed:
· Rebecca L. McClain and Deborah R. Baker from the Pulaski County Health Department’s Healthy and Active Communities visit the Capitol for the Missouri Foundation of Health “Day at the Capitol” on Jan. 28.
· Amy Beechner-McCarthy, Robyn Wolfe, and Marilyn Newkirk from the Phelps County Community Partnership on Jan. 29.
· Students from Montgomery County R-II for Show-Me Technology Day on Feb. 3.
· Retired teachers and members of the Missouri Retired Teachers Association from the district on Feb. 11.
· Students and staff from areas schools for Career and Technical Education month on Feb. 11.
· Representatives from Cuba High School’s FCCLA (Family Career and Community Leaders of America) on Feb. 11.
To see pictures of these visits as well as the other groups that have visited, go to my online photo gallery at www.senate.mo.gov/barnitz and click on the photo gallery link under constituent services.
If you haven’t already visited the Capitol or wish to come again, I encourage you to work a trip to Jefferson City into your schedule. If you want to see the House and Senate in session, then plan to visit sometime between mid-January to mid-May. Free guided tours are given Monday through Saturday every hour on the hour (excluding the noon hour) for walk-in guests. Reservations are required for groups of 10 or more. On Sundays, tours are given at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 3 p.m. From June through February, scheduled group tours are every half hour with the last tour beginning at 4 p.m. From March through May, scheduled group tours begin at the top of the hour, 20 minutes past the hour and 40 minutes past the hour (excluding the noon hour). During these months, walk-in guests may participate in the group tours.
Tour reservations may be made online or by calling (573) 751-2854. We will be happy to schedule a tour or assist you in any way so we can to make the most of your visit. You can reach my office at (573) 751-2108 to schedule a visit or just to let us know you will be here so that we can say hello. I look forward to meeting you and discussing the issues that matter to you.
If you would like to start receiving my column regularly, please visit my website at www.senate.mo.gov/barnitz and click the “Sign Up to Receive My E-Newsletter” link located under Constituent Services.
As always, I appreciate hearing your comments, opinions, and concerns. Please feel free to call me in Jefferson City at (573) 751-2108. You can also write to the address listed below:
State Capitol Building
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Click here to follow the Pulaski County Daily News on Twitter
Click here to follow the Pulaski County Daily News on Facebook
Click here to comment for local opinion