Senators, Congressmen, flunkies, do you mind answering a few questions?
By: Dave Weinbaum
Posted: Saturday, August 8, 2009 6:31 pm
My compliments to the toothless Blue Dog Dems! They gummed up Obamacare long enough to stall Congress into recess. Now, the House health care bill is being read! Experts are analyzing the 1,100-page legislation and finding it to be the next step in the theft of America and its democracy.
From Doug Ross’s website, a law professor who serves as dean of Liberty University’s School of Law, Matthew Staver, took the time to take apart the language of H. R. 3200. I’ve picked out a few highlights. Those of us in the “angry mob” should utilize the professor’s points as questions to your favorite socialist — I mean Democratic congressmen — who dare to turn out at town halls after the recent experiences of their comrades — I mean FELLOW Dem congressmen. (Also, be nice and dress in jeans and/or overalls, so they can’t ID you as what you are: a ruthless, no-ideas, “Republican operative.”)
• On page 22 why does the government claim it will audit all employers that self insure?
• On Pages 4-16, it’s plain you intend to ration health care. So you literally do intend to pay for this over our dead bodies. Who makes these medical decisions?
• Page 30, sec.123, states there will be a government committee that decides benefits you get. Who are they? What are their qualifications?
• Page 50, sec. 152, states health care is to be provided for ALL non-US citizens, ILLEGAL or otherwise. And WE’RE PAYING FOR IT!! How can THIS be?
• Pages 58 and 59 give government real-time access to individual’s bank account with the power to electronically transfer funds. Congressman, who gave the government this authority?
• Page 65 Sec.164 is a payoff to retirees and their families in unions and community organizations, also known as ACORN. Didn’t these entities get enough PAY-OFF in the so-called stimulus plan?
• Pages 72 and 84 create a Health Care Exchange and mandates ALL benefit packages for private care in the exchange. Why beat around the bush? Just SAY you want to kill private health insurance and VOTE ON IT!!!!!!!!!! That way WE can reciprocate and vote your sorry arse out of office in the next election.
• Page 95 again uses ACORN as well as Americorps to sign people up for health care. Will you get the felony charges dropped like those Black Panthers who were terrorizing voters in Philadelphia in order to free them up to commit this fraud too?
• Page 124 states that no company can sue the government on price fixing. There will be no judicial review against government monopoly. How many months do you think private insurers will last under this BS?
• Page 127 states the government will dictate what doctors can make. So you claim that there are 47 million more to be treated in the health care system? How you gonna do that if you don’t grow your doctor base? Are bureaucrats going to operate on us?
• Page 145 states employers must enroll employees into public option plan. NO CHOICE. Congressman, will YOU AND YOUR FAMILY BE JOINING THE PUBLIC OPTION TOO?!
• Page 126 states employers must pay for health care for part-time employees AND their families. In a major recession, where are they going to get the money to do that? Won’t that drive more businesses out of business and create more unemployed?
• Page 149 states any employer with a payroll of $400,000 and above who does not provide public option must pay an 8 percent tax on all payrolls. Isn’t this another indication of single payer only? Again, employers are stuck with another bill that will drive them to cut jobs or go out of business. Is this what you want?
• Page 170 states any NONRESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes. So, senator, will you be paying for them with our taxes?
• Page 195 states the government will have access to ALL Americans’ financial and personal records. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FRIGGIN’ MINDS???
• Page 239 addresses physician services for Medicaid, and seniors, low income and poor people will be affected. Aren’t these the very people we should be helping?
• Page 241 states all doctors will be paid the same no matter what specialty they have. Does that included veterinarians and witch doctors?
• Page 268 sec. 1141 states government is to regulate rental and purchase of power-driven wheelchairs. So will some have to crawl while others ride?
• Page 272 sec. 1145 addresses the rationing of health care to cancer hospitals and cancer patients. Welcome to cancer rationing. Waiting times to see specialists will emulate Britain and Canada where death rates for cancer have skyrocketed. Will members of Congress and the president and their families go on this plan along with us?
The above is from a mere one-quarter of the bill. At a billion dollars a page that’s $250 billion.
I think even-minded people can see that the true poor who can’t afford insurance need help. Out of the 47 million the White House claims are uninsured, these account for about four million citizens. The rest are either illegal aliens, people who are eligible and can afford insurance who just haven’t signed up, or low-risk young people who refuse to buy it. According to Rick Scott, 86 percent of the American public is in favor of their present health care and see no reason to change other than malpractice tort reform and giving PRIVATE health insurance companies the right to compete across state lines.
That, however, is no reason to destroy our republic and remake it into a third world socialist tyranny.
The health care legislation is a scam and the American people are figuring it out in such large numbers that it’s caught the Democrats by complete surprise. Below is their unbelievable response.
Stop the presses! This just in!
News just in! The White House has issued an edict unprecedented in 235 years of this country’s existence.
Obama, attacking blindly and with no regard to the laws of this country and its Constitution, has asked our friends, neighbors, mothers, fathers and children to send the White House an email RATTING OUT those that sound “fishy” in their critique of the President and/or Obamacare.
Also, our Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, third-in-line to be leader of the “free” world, has called those attending town hall meetings Nazis.
I’m sorry who did PELOSI CALL NAZIS?
With the permission of my sister-in law, I’d like to end with her letter to the White House "rat-out-a-neighbor" email:
I've been hearing a lot of disinformation from members of Congress and the Senate. Nancy Pelosi says that the T.E.A. Parties are "astroturf" rather than grassroots movements. Barbara Boxer says the people protesting at town halls are organized by people in the corporate world. They are wrong.
I'm an ordinary citizen, I'm a teacher, I'm not wealthy, and I've never set foot in a Brooks Brothers store. Yet, I've attended two T.E.A. Parties. I've attended because I am dismayed by the way our senators and representatives have been ramming bills through the House and Senate without careful consideration. They've spent money and grabbed power in the name of needing to act quickly to save the economy. Issues like Wall Street bailouts and healthcare reform are too weighty and too complicated to be decided rashly.
I am angry and appalled at the President's response to the American citizens who cared enough about what they saw happening to set aside time from their busy lives and attend rallies. The President of the United States of America mocked his own citizens for exercising their right to free speech. He mocked us!You think our anger is manufactured? Really? You haven't been listening.
It is members of the administration and Congress who seem to have some trouble with the facts. You don't even know what is in the healthcare bill! The President is saying he's changed his mind and doesn't really want a single-payer system anymore, while congressmen are out in their communities saying they are hoping for a single-payer system. Well, which is it? And how can you even know? Kathleen Sebelius told an audience, in defense of Senator Specter, that he couldn't have read the bill, because "it isn't written." Reid is hoping he never has to read the bill. You see, in this day and age, we have something called "video technology" and another thing called "the internet". And C-Span broadcasts a lot of Capitol Hill hearings. This isn't 1984; you can't just destroy yesterday's newspapers and reprint new ones with yesterday's date and containing different information. We are watching you, Big Brother.
Your decision to ask people to send you fishy e-mails or website addresses just makes me angrier and more determined to make sure my voice is heard. Your blog seems like an attempt to shut down debate. Why don't you try a different strategy, like having town halls where you listen more than you talk? Maybe the President could even consider that slight possibility that some people have a different worldview than he does. It doesn't mean they are ignorant or crazy; it just means they approach issues from a different perspective. He could try listening instead of mocking. Wow, that might change the climate out here. What a concept.
I hope my fellow citizens will not be intimidated by the possibility of being "flagged" at whitehouse.gov. I hope they will continue to show up at town halls and be heard. I hope they will continue to take a stand as long as they have something to say. I hope that the President will listen to what they have to say.
Sincerely, Kelli Renken
Every time you see something fishy from the left, send an e-mail. = )
My response: You can start with every member of Congress whose leader has identified 53 percent of the population that currently disagree with the Obamacare as NAZIS, every member of the Obama Administration and the president of the United States of America, Barack Hussein Obama.
(Dave Weinbaum is a regular contributor of one-liners and commentaries to many regional and national publications and web sites, including the Reader's Digest, National Enquirer and Forbes and is a regular pundit for the www.jewishworldreview.com. Readers can reach Dave at email@example.com or his website, www.daveweinbaum.com. Listen to the Dave Weinbaum Radio Talk show on KTTR 99.7 FM and 1490 AM on Friday mornings starting at 9:05.)