President Barack Obama and the Democrats in Congress use scapegoats to veil their own culpability in our economic woes. They pontificate about the evil “predatory lenders” as if they were the ones that sank us into recession/depression.
In fact, all these straw-dog banks were doing was following Democratic sub-prime policy. As directed, lenders enabled poor people to buy homes that they had no chance in hell of paying for. If the banks refused to play, they could expect a “visit” at their offices or homes from that federally indicted, taxpayer-supported, election fraud thug-a-torium called ACORN whose lawyer now occupies the White House.
In an interesting twist, we have the President of the United States telling our representatives they must enact legislation that neither they nor the president have read. Rumor is that not even the most informed member of the administration, Teleprompter, has been appraised of any relevant information in fear he might inform his minion.
The leveraged takeover of America
Vice President Joe Biden is left to gaff up the truth. He claims the previous predatory legislation, that intensely ineffective pork-oozing edict, also known as the stimulus bill, a failure. If Viagra were this bill, Pfizer would be forced to limp into bankruptcy court ... small claims division.
Now Barack wants Congress to repeat this nightmare with other unread bills, veiling them in the cloak of helping the uninsured, whilst pushing a law that would force us to use our taxpayer dollars to pay for abortions and render aging moms and dads liable to more suffering and quicker deaths.
As if this weren’t sinister enough!
All these hundreds of billions in taxpayer money seem lost in space, slow to get to their appointed destination and conveniently unaccountable. The president uses these billions, soon to be trillions, as another appointee to his cabinet, maybe even his top czar. He’s taken ownership of this power float as if he has it stashed in his back pocket. Obama has already wielded this weapon:
• Arizona Governor Jan Brewer was accosted by four Obama sycophants insisting Arizona Senator Kyle shut his pie hole in regard to criticizing the anointed one. They threatened to take away billions in stimulus promised to the state.
• Ohio Representative Marcy Kaptur was recently bought off for her vote on cap and trade with a $3 billion “program.” Not bad pay for a holdout.
• Obama implies cancelling 61-year ally Israel’s financial and military aid. While Barack has opined about Iran’s legitimacy for having nuclear power (code for nuclear bombs), Secretary of State Hillary Clinton only threatens the Persians if they use them. Retaliation for Israel won’t do them much good as one or two well-placed nukes will effectively “wipe Israel (and six million more Jews) off the map.” One could opine this removal of support for Israel is based on the Jewish state’s refusal to halt building homes for Jews in — horrors of horrors — Israel.
• Barack pledges to force 47 million people (including 10 to 12 million illegal immigrants) into the health care system. Obama’s back pocket is getting awfully crowded — must have weighed him down when he bounced the first pitch at the All Star Game.
• Illegally handing over $1 billion of our tax dollars to the terrorists of Hamas.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Even more important than blue-dog Dems beginning to get it are independents and moderate liberals. More than a few are turning against the dreamer and schemer as indicated by recent polls.
Before we submit to euthanizing our seniors and murdering our babies with taxpayer money maybe we should pull the plug on Obamacare and the congressmen who support it.
There’s plenty of room to “reform” healthcare. Let’s start with charging those who bring fraudulent malpractice suits.
Free speech shouldn’t be bought or sold. Ideas must be supported or fought within our constitutional rights.
Our change should be for Barack’s mind or his job.
They’re called elections and the next one is in 2010, the first step in Obama’s power outage. Vote out the obscurers of the Constitution, thieves of our democracy and socialist tyrants while we still have the right.
(Dave Weinbaum is a regular contributor of one-liners and commentaries to many regional and national publications and web sites, including the Reader's Digest, National Enquirer and Forbes and is a regular pundit for the www.jewishworldreview.com. Readers can reach Dave at email@example.com or his website, www.daveweinbaum.com. Listen to the Dave Weinbaum Radio Talk show on KTTR 99.7 FM and 1490 AM on Friday mornings starting at 9:05.)